- Classes for students begin on August 18th at 7:30. Students should arrive on campus before the first bell so they arrive to class on time. There will be seven periods and the day will end at 2:35. Lunch will be from 11:15-11:50. Seniors who would like off campus lunch passes may pick up applications beginning Aug. 11 in the front office. Breakfast is served from 7:15-7:30 on campus.
- New student orientation will be held Thursday, August 14th at 9:00 a.m. in the Auditorium. This session provides back to school information, expectations and shares what Key West High has to offer. All students and parents new to KWHS are encouraged to attend.
- Schedules should be arriving in the mail between Aug. 9-11. Included will be important back to school information as well as times and dates when counselors will be available for scheduling issues.
- Many fall athletic programs begin the week of Aug. 4th so please check out the web page or Facebook for up to date information. Athletic packets are available in the front office beginning Aug. 1 and physicals are required to participate.
- There has been a major change to the dress code regarding sleeves (capped over the shoulders) must be worn. Jackets will not be considered appropriate to cover up tube tops, spaghetti straps or tank tops as these are not allowed. Further outlines for the dress codes will be included in the welcome back letter.
Wednesday, 7/30 – 5-7 at KWHS Weight Room
Thursday, 7/31 – 9-1 at HOB Walker Building Offices and 5-7 at KWHS Weight Room
Friday, 8/1 – 9-1 at KWHS Office and 5-7 at KWHS Weight Room
Monday, 8/4 – 11-3 at KWHS Office
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Preston at email@example.com.
Student Insurance can be purchased online at www.K12StudentInsurance.com.
Athletic packets, physical forms, and insurance information can also be found on the athletics page of the school’s website at http://kwh.keysschools.com/.
Fall sports & their start dates and times
|Cross Country||Monday, August 11th||4:30 PM||KWHS Track||Terence White|
|Football||Monday, August 4th||8:00 AM||KWHS Weight Room||John Hughes|
|Golf||Will not practice until school starts||TBD||KW Golf Course||TBD|
|Swimming||Monday, August 4th||6:30 PM||FKCC Pool||Lori Bosco|
|Volleyball||Tuesday, August 5th||6:00 PM||KWHS Gym||Kim Butler|
|Conchettes||Monday, August 4th||9:00 AM||HOB Gym||Jamie Guzman|
|Cheerleading||Thursday, August 7th||3:00 PM||KWHS Backyard||Jacqueline Goldstein|
Six Key West High School Conchettes have been selected to perform in this year’s Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City. Having attended the Marching Auxiliaries Summer Dance program at the University of Florida in Gainesville, the Conchettes were given instruction in a variety of dance genres including kick line, contemporary and hip hop. Due to their dance ability, team work, and attitude, Tristin Blackwell, Riley Falconer, Daniela Pena, Marina Perez, Morgan Pierce, and Talia Santiago were selected by their instructors to receive an invitation to perform with the Spirit of America Dance Productions in this year’s Macy’s Parade on November 27. The group has set up a gofundme.com account as a fundraiser. We are very proud to have this Key West High contingent represent the Conchs in the Macy’s Day Parade!
Key West High School is a SACS Accredited and AVID Certified School